Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Operation: Simplicity: EOs in Daily Life

In my last post, I wrote about using Essential Oils safely, and how I do that.  This post is dedicated to more specific ways I use EOs in every day life.  I'm going to post a few "recipes" that we use every single day in our home.

1. Cleaning Wipes
       In a quart sized canning jar, shake together a squirt of Castile Soap, and 1-2 "fingers" of water (put your fingers up to the bottom of the jar, horizontally, as a measurement...think "2 fingers of Scotch"!). Add 10-20 drops of EOs.  I use Plant Therapy's Germ Destroyer because my boys use the wipes.  Shake up the mixture.  Cut up an old, but clean, white t-shirt into squares.  Put the shirt squares into the jar, screw on the lid and flip the jar over until the fabric is damp with the soap/water/EO solution.
     These wipes kill germs and bacteria off surfaces.  My boys use them every morning to clean their potty and sink!  Then, when you throw them into the wash, they give your laundry a boost! ;)


2. Facial Cleansing Oil
     Recently, I started using the "oil cleansing" method to wash my face.  If you haven't heard of it, google it!  Seriously, it makes sense.  I won't go into the details of how to oil cleanse, but here's the recipe I use:
     Mix together:
          ~2Tbsp Castor Oil
          ~2Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
          ~2Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
          ~2-3 drops of Carrot Seed Oil (SPF)
          ~5 drops of Lavender EO (skin calming)
          ~5 drops of Tea Tree EO (anti-bacterial)
     I'm looking forward to ordering Meadowfoam Oil to use instead of the Grapeseed Oil!


3. Foaming Hand Soap
     Rinse out a Foaming Hand Soap dispenser.  Mix together a squirt a Castile Soap and about 10 drops of EOs.  I use any of the following:
     ~Germ Destroyer (kids bathroom)
     ~Lemon
     ~Grapefruit
     ~Germ Fighter (kitchen sink)
Add water until the dispenser is 3/4 full. Put the cap on and give it a shake.

These are super simple recipes that I use every day in my own home.  Enjoy, and let me know what you think!








No comments:

Post a Comment