Wednesday, February 27, 2013

$2 Toddler -Easter Egg Rubber Band Painting!

WARNING! This $2 Toddler activity is potentially messy!
(But, I told you I will say Yes! to messes, so here goes...)

What you will need: 
-A jelly roll pan
-Rubber bands
-Paper
-Paint
(ALL of these items can be purchased at the dollar store!  I only had to buy 2, so that's why it's a $2 Toddler activity!)

First, put some paper onto your jelly roll pan.  I cut them out into Easter egg shapes.  If you decide to cut them, you can cut before they paint, or after the paint is dry.


Now, put rubber bands around the pan.  I tried 2 different ways.  On the top (sorry the picture is sideways! ugh!), I overlapped the rubber bands.  On the bottom, I put them next to each other. Overlapping was fine, but next to each other worked better.  There was better snappage!


Now to start getting messy!  I put paint directly onto the rubber bands.  I think putting paint onto the paper would work also.  Then, let your toddler start snapping!  Watch out!  Sully had to wipe paint off my face numerous times!



 The result is a splatter paint masterpiece!  They're hanging on our front door right now, welcoming guests with Easter anticipating joy!

Have fun!



10 comments:

  1. Love this! Anything with rubber bands is a win with my kids.
    http://quitecarriedaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure who had more fun with this one...Sully or me!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea, Kate. So glad to be sharing with you on Bloggers Unite!! Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute, clever and fun idea! This would be great for a classroom too! Definitely need to share with my mommy and teacher friends!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea. We have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this and any other posts with everyone. It runs from Tuesday night through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2013/03/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-blog-hop.html
    We are also having a giveaway this week for a $50.00 Target Gift Card, so head over to enter.
    We hope to see you there.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Debi and Charly! I'm heading your way right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Your project is one of our featured projects today from the Crafty Showcase. We love it! Thanks for linking up and we can't wait to see what else you share.

    Susie @Bowdabra
    http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/03/22/feature-friday-bowdabra-top-crafty-showcase-picks-40/

    ReplyDelete