Sunday, January 13, 2013

Toddler "Chore" Chart

"Chore" is not a dirty word.

As a matter of fact, my 2 1/2 year old thinks it is...wait for it...FUN! to help me with chores!  In my own little perfect world he will think chores are fun forever...right...perfect world my foot!  But, for now, I will use this to my advantage and train him well in the ways of taking care of our house!

This is Sully's Sticker Chart!


Every time Sully does one of the chores on this list, he gets a sticker...ooo! A sticker!  I put 3 chores that he enjoys on the chart and added 2 more that he's not so fond of.  Believe it or not, he likes feeding Stoney (our dog), unloading the dishwasher, and helping with laundry (I do that a lot when he's napping, hence the lack of stickers).  Now, cleaning up toys and pooping on the potty are NOT things he likes to do.  (One day he will probably stumble across this blog post and yell at me for telling the world that he doesn't yet like to poop in the potty.  Too bad.  This is payback for having to clean out poopy undies! HA!)  I'm hoping that he will get so excited about stickers in the areas he likes that he will like doing the things he doesn't currently like...make sense!? ;)  Every time Sully gets a sticker on a star space he gets a special treat.  He got his first special treat the other day...a GIANT marshmallow.  The excitement was crazy!  In fact, he was so excited that he did another chore and earned another sticker!  Cute kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment