Saturday, December 1, 2012
24 Ways To Use A Tube of Pizza Crust...
One food item I like to use in our house is the pizza crust that comes in a tube. If my Italian grandpa knew this, he might disown me. But, maybe he would just be proud of my ingenuity. Let me explain.
We don't use these little tubes of pizza goodness for pizza. No no. That would be too...too...normal. Expected (shudder). I use them to make calzones. Yummy pockets of goodness! The filling possibilities are ENDLESS! Yum.
To make a calzone:
1. Unroll the dough (flatten it a little with your hand)
2. Put toppings on half
3. Cut the other half into strips (still connected to the other half)
4. Fold strips over the toppings and press the dough together around the edges
5. Bake as directed
Now, the fun part. The filling! The rule of thumb is: anything goes! Here are some examples of fillings:
1. Pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella
2. Pizza sauce, ham, pineapple, mozzeralla
3. Pizza sauce, ANY PIZZA TOPPINGS!
4. Olive oil, artichoke hearts, spinach, mozzarella
5. Pesto, ham lunch meat, colby jack cheese
6. Ham chunks, broccoli, cheese
7. Ranch, turkey lunch meat, cheese
8. Cheese, garlic
9. Taco stuff (ground beef, salsa, taco sauce, cheese, lettuce, etc.)
10. Cream cheese, chicken, taco sauce (mixed together then spread), cheese
11. BBQ sauce, chicken, green peppers, red onions, mozzarella
12. Pesto, sliced or sun dried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella
13. Scrambled eggs, cheese
14. Scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese
15. Scrambled eggs, sausage, cheese
16. Scrambled eggs, salsa, cheese
17. Fresh fruit, cream cheese
18. Cinnamon, sugar, butter
19. Cinnamon, sugar, butter, apples
20. Pie filling (any flavor)
21. Strawberries, chocolate chips
22. Crushed graham crackers, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips
23. Peanut butter, chocolate chips
What are YOUR favorites!?