Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Pinterest Challenge -Days 4 & 5

Let's cook!
Day 4: Philly Cheese-Steak Stuffed Peppers

Well, Pinterest, you've done it again...you've AMAZED my socks off!  These were quite possibly the best stuffed peppers I have ever had.  Not to mention, they were beyond easy peasy AND there was virtually NO MESS!  (Had I been smarter, I would have put aluminum foil down on the baking sheet.)

Because I am such a good friend, I will instruct you...wait for it...here!

Here's what you need:
Green Peppers (enough for everyone to have one full pepper)
Roast Beef lunch meat
An onion
Mushrooms (sliced, and totally optional)
Provolone Cheese (also sliced, enough slices to cover the bottom of each 1/2 a pepper)
Worcestershire Sauce
Soy Sauce


Here's what you do:
Cut those peppers in half and put them on a baking sheet in the oven at about 400ish degrees.  Keep them in there while you get everything else together.  On the stove, cook up the roast beef (sliced), the onion (sliced) and the mushrooms. Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce and a couple dashes of soy sauce.  Yes, those are exact measurements ;).  Add some salt and pepper to taste.  Cook that all up so it's nice and hot.  While it's cooking up, lay a slice of provolone in the bottom of each pepper half.  Then scoop the meat mixture into the peppers and cook in the oven until the cheese is melty (only about 5-10 minutes).


 Now, EAT 'EM!  You won't regret these lil' mamas!  They are tasty!



Now let's create!
Day 5: Harmon's canvas

Sully is my crazy 2 year old son.  When he was 4 months old he was dedicated and I made him a canvas.  I painted him a tree.  They are my favorite things to paint.  It wasn't anything huge, just a special gift filled with lots of love for my boy.  Harmon is my sweet little (ok, not so little) 9 month old.  Harmon was dedicated about 4 months ago.  I just did his canvas.  Oops.  Here is Harmon's canvas:


 Micah 6:8 is the verse I pray over Harmon almost every single night.  The name Harmon means "soldier" and I truly pray that God will help my Little Soldier to always seek justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with Him.
I used my and my husband's favorite hymns behind the words.
My fave: It Is Well With My Soul
Chris' fave: Be Thou My Vision


Take that Pinterest!  I can do your projects and cook your meals!  You will not defeat me!  Although tomorrow I may have to change my plans around just a bit to be sure I accomplish this crazy challenge!  That's a lot of exclamation marks!!! I must REALLY mean it!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment