Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Taco Pie...

Dinner tonight was a success!  My hubby and I both had seconds, and even my toddler gobbled it up!  Bonus, it only took 40 minutes from the time I started getting things out to the time we started eating, AND everything was already in my kitchen.  Here's what I did:

Taco Pie
Jiffy Cornbread mix
1 egg
1 C milk
chicken
taco seasoning (divided)
cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 can of green chilies
1/2 a bag of frozen corn
Cheddar cheese

Make the cornbread in a pan (fairly deep).
While the cornbread is baking, cook the chicken in a skillet.
While both of those are cooking mix the soup, sour cream, chilies, corn and a sprinkle of taco seasoning in the same bowl you mixed the cornbread in (why dirty another bowl!?).
When the chicken is done, add the taco seasoning and 1/2 C water to the chicken.  Cook for 3ish minutes. Remove from heat.
When the cornbread is done, pull it out, and poke it with a fork all over.  Pour the chicken on top. Pour the soup mixture on top of that. Cook for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
After 15 minutes, add cheese on top and cook for 5 more minutes.
EAT!

If you try it, tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment