Sunday, May 27, 2012

Spa Baskets, thankfulness, and attitude adjustments...

I wish I had a picture of the Spa Basket I made for an old high school friend in MI!  It contained Peppermint Sugar Scrub, Sweet Mint Body Butter, Sweet Mint Bath Salts, and Sweet Mint Bath Fizzies; all in a reusable basket!  $40/basket.
Sweet Mint is an awesome new smell that I wish I had created, but alas, I did not :(  One of the sweet middle school girls in my small group was over and made a sugar scrub with vanilla and peppermint...thus Sweet Mint was born!  I liked it to much I used it to make a Spa Basket the very next day!  I'm also very glad that I made a little too much Body Butter, b/c now I smell sweet too! :)
OOO...my hubby just admitted that it worked wonders on his feet too...that, my friends, is a HUGE deal!  He even asked me to rub more on...did I just see a cow jumping over the moon!?

100 Days of Thankfulness update:

Day 14: I am thankful that my family and I find joy in simple things.
Day 15: I am thankful that God gives me a "second" chance every morning. (I'm also very thankful for Maggie who brought me my favorite coffee today!)
Day 16: I am thankful for my kids' laughs.
Day 17: I am thankful for the Snyder family.
Day 18: I am thankful that people recognize and acknowledge the hard work my husband does.
Day 19: I am thankful for the Deitrichs.
Day 20: I am thankful that God provides days of renewal.
Day 21: I am thankful that my friends are flexible and understanding.

Whew...Being thankful gets tough some days! I confess, this morning I thought to myself, "So far, I'm not thankful for anything today!" What a terrible attitude I have sometimes! Don't worry, the day got much better.  We had a very nice family day that ended with youth group and friends coming over.  God cooled my temper this morning and helped me change my attitude...again :)  He's pretty good at that!

2 comments:

  1. Yes - I did try the Sweet Mint Rub and it worked fantastically well on my Chaco callused, Old Navy sandal feet. I noticed signification difference after the first try. Seriously, it works.

    ReplyDelete