Saturday, May 19, 2012

God is good. I am blessed. I am thankful...



First things first, here is an update on my 100 Days of Thankfulness:

Day 7: I am thankful that the clean laundry is folded.
Day 8: I am thankful for the privilege of being a mommy to Sullivan and Harmon.
Day 9: I am thankful for God's providence!
Day 10: I am thankful that people enjoy the things I make.
Day 11: I am thankful for my husband.
Day 12: I am thankful for friends who don't judge me based on the state of my house or the cleanliness of my children.
Day 13: I am thankful that my Jesus is near, even when He feels far away.
Day 14: I am thankful that my family and I find joy in simple things.

At first, finding something each day to be thankful for was easy.  Now -only 2 weeks in!- there are days that I find myself struggling to find something that I am significantly and genuinely thankful for.  It's not that I'm UNthankful, it's just that I don't want to repeat and I really want to go deeper than the things I am always aware that I'm thankful for. I am ALWAYS thankful for my family, my friends, food on the table, the bills getting paid, etc.  I want to become more aware of those things that I'm thankful for that maybe I take for granted and don't always recognize.  Some days it's very obvious to me what I am thankful for on that particular day.  Other days, it's just...well...not so obvious. But, I am learning and growing.  I am learning to be on the lookout for things, people and circumstances I am thankful for.  I am learning that when I spend time in the Word, I am more aware of the work Jesus is doing in and through me that day.  (Not that He's not working in me the other days, I am simply more aware of it when I seek Him out for some quiet time.)  God is good.  I am blessed.  I am thankful.

Another thing to be thankful for...
The Sugar Scrub sale was a complete success!  Thanks to everyone who bought (and stocked up!) sugar scrubs this past week!
Reminder: to order something from Osito, go to my Facebook page or email me kate.osito@gmail.com
My goodness, the projects have been non-stop lately!  I love it!  I am thankful for the chance to use my creativity for others!  Once I got the gift basket done, I started right in on a canvas for a friend's living room.  I like how it turned out, but forgot to take a picture of the final product.  Here is a picture before I added texture and details:

After the canvas, I started getting sugar scrub orders, and I made 21 of the 24 scrubs today!  Thank you Jesus for nap time!
Now, I'm pooped. It's getting late (ok, late for people with a toddler and a 6 month old!), and I am going to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment