Friday, May 11, 2012

Being thankful is a choice...

God is good.  As I go through my days (since I started my 100 Days of Thankfulness), I've noticed that I often say to myself, "I am thankful for..." -fill in the blank with what I am thankful for at that moment.  Then I wonder if that thing or situation will the "the" thing I'm most thankful for in that particular day!  Let me just tell you...I am really thankful for a lot of things and a lot of people!  It's tough each day to choose just one thing to post!  I'm trying to be less...well...cliche?  I'm thankful for my family and friends and house etc, and I want to go deeper into gratitude.  Here are the last few days of thankfulness:
Day 2: I am thankful that Chris only had to work 1/2 a day today!
Day 3: I am thankful for the unbelievable generosity of my grandparents :)
Day 4: I am thankful that God has given me the gift of creativity.
Day 5: I am thankful for scripture.
Day 6: I am thankful for my dad.
I really have had a better attitude about life this past week too.  Thursday morning was ROUGH, but when the boys were napping I had a "come to Jesus" meeting and made the choice to change the rest of the day.  It worked!  Who knew!  Being thankful is a choice :)

Tomorrow I hope to post about the recent gift set I made for my little business on the side, Osito.  I might wait until I get another order done tho...you'll have to check back and see!  Ooooo...the anticipation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment