Monday, April 2, 2012

Better than barn wood!

I have been trying to figure out how to get my hands on a piece of old barn wood for a few weeks now.  My search was not going well and I was getting very discouraged...until today!  I was walking through the Habitat for Humanity ReStore with my mom and my boys, and their selection of wood was unimpressive to say the least.  Then, laying on the ground, calling my name with a price tag of only $5 was a GORGEOUS plank of wood!  Not barn wood, but an ~8' planed piece of tree...the bark was still intact and everything!  Beautiful!!!  I hauled that sucker home (Sully thought it was a fort in the car. He had to duck his head to see me b/c it was propped on the dash and the seat.)  What, you ask, am I planning to do with a piece of wood?  Well, a few of the youth group kids came over today and one cut it for me.  Tomorrow, I am hoping to paint tick marks on it in one inch intervals, and I want to hang it in the house and use it as a growth chart for the boys!  I am pumped! When it's done, I will post pics.

I made a new product today too.  They're called Diaper Belts.  They have adjustable velcro and wrap around a travel wipe container and a stack of diapers for the diaper bag.  The first one I made (also in the dino pattern) I wrapped around the diapers and wipes in our diaper bag, and I don't plan to get rid of it...it's much cuter than the rubber bands I was using :)

Diaper Belt $8


And, true to form, I made a new Sugar Scrub today :)  This Honey Almond SS has honey, sweet almond oil and crushed almonds added to it to show your skin some extra lovin'!

Honey Almond Sugar Scrub $7


As my dearest Sullivan Bear so often says, "Wow! Awesome!"

No comments:

Post a Comment